1.What is it?
Reading facts are the most common question type in the McKinsey PST (38%) and also the BCG Potential Test (up to 100%). These questions test your ability to understand the facts/ data itself. There will be no inferring, logic, hypothesizing, or creativity needed. See the illustrative picture below.
- Which of the following values is the best estimate of…?
- Which of the following statements is valid based on the data …?
- Which of the following can be concluded from Exhibit …?
2.Example of a reading facts question
3. Common mistakes
- Wrong calculation
- Mis-read the facts/ data
4. Guide on Preparation
Skill #1: Calculation
Skill #2: Chart / exhibit / table reading
Skill #3: Attention to detail
- Develop the habit in daily life. Have the mindset that I am not going to miss any stupid details.
- For every practice question you get in this type, make sure you understand not only why the correct answer is right, but also how the incorrect answers are incorrect. Exactly like what I did above.
Keep in touch with us
Get insights and updates from us on McKinsey PST and other Consulting